Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, guys. In terms of product, it really depends on your hair type and the type of cut you have. This is not a one size fits all kind of thing. I have found that my stylist can usually point me in the right direction.

I personally love the Redken for Men products. Right now I go back and forth between using their fiber gum ("disrupt") and their molding paste ("work hard"). I love the scent of all their men's hair products. I also use one of their shampoos.

I have quite a number of cowlicks, but my stylist is able to "cut those out" (as she calls it), so that even when my hair is growing out it grows out in such a way that they don't show up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Write14u View Post
I actually went and looked at my products.
It's Redken sponge matte 05 and Axe Pomade (the purplish label).
I like the Redken because it really does fell pretty light. The Axe is a bit heavier but has really good hold. I use it to spike up the front of my hair when it's like now ...a few days from needing a cut.
I would go every 3 weeks for a cut if I could afford it, but as it is, I go every four weeks. I have cowlicks on each side of my forehead and one in the back, as well. Mine is cut super short on the sides and back and just a wee bit longish on top so I can faux hawk it.
I've also used something called Fiber by Crew. It took talent to use but it worked really well.

ETA: If I didn't faux hawk my hair, I'd probably use just a smidgen of product. As it is, I don't use much. I also put it in wet. I'm always running late, so I never have time to wait for it to dry. And it doesn't feel like my hair is overdone. You can still run a hand thru it.
I like my hats but I can't get away with them at work.

Thanks to both of you! Yes, the stylist is way important! But, I too, have made cuts in the hair-cut/products budget! I used to use a lot of Redkin and haven't in a long time. have to check them out again. I know I don't like my hair sticky/gooey. And I don't want to smell my hair product all day because it is strong. (But lots of this kind of stuff just makes me sneeze). LOL... as I said, I wish my hair was more corse but now that I think about it, I have had more than one woman want to touch my hair..... even when not dating them! Say it is soft. Guess so...

I wish I wasn't so sensitive to scents (on me and others). I hate it when I am out with a date wearing a scent that gets me sneezing. And having to explain that when we go out again, it woud be great if she didn't wear whatever she has on! I like it when I see Scent Free on an ad about an event!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: