Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

this is an interesting topic!

i am extremely introverted person. i have never been part of any community and if so it was straight folk.

a few years ago i met someone who was BIG in the gay community in New Orleans. We could not go anywhere, where she didn't see anyone. The parties, OMG someone was always having one. It was tight night and i admired that they were so close, and a bit jealous that they could get to together in person. Much like our Reunions only on a smaller scale.

These people were her chosen family, her family kicked her out at 17, and she was embraced the community, and 40 years later she is still actively among them. When we met, i was overwhelmed with the gay folk! GREAT i thought, this will help me get out there.

Then i realized they were all gay folks, but not B-F. Hell we were not B-F. yes there were some butch women, but mostly just two women in a relationship. i need to talk to my femme sisters to feel i am among *family*.

i tried to stay away from THIS community and all online forums because i wanted to live in the "real" world.

Well this community is my real world and i feel much more at home posting on forums and making connections long distance than i did in a community of hundreds of queer women.

i am thankful we have this connection here.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: