Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #29
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Thank you, Converse.

I agree. Many of our community members are unable to find and/or celebrate with like minded and bodied souls because of geographical locations and the prejudice that is rampant in many areas.

I think that many do, at this time, feed their need for interaction through the net and they are satisfied with that connection. That would not work for me, though. The problem I see with that is, in the process of expanding their horizons and reaching out to others via the internet, they are actually shrinking their personal social circle....their one to one interactions. I don't think that that is healthy, emotionally, mentally or psychologically.

Sure, there are some of us who do just fine with little to no interaction with people for a while, but over long periods of time I feel that could be detrimental. The swapping of internet communication for personal interaction is a soulless exchange and cannot leave a person untouched. Parts of their humanity would wither away over time, I feel.
I totally agree with this. It is hard when the only social interaction is with straight people. Not that they are "all that bad" lol. It's the feeling of connection and comradery that is missing. It is a struggle to keep grounded and it gets very lonely.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: