Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Opening of doors and etc are givens. Those must be done. I am an old school femme, that never changes.

At this stage of the game, I am unwilling to pay for dinner. I have paid my dues, thank you.If you cant pay for dinner, you cant afford me. I dont mean you need money but you need to be successful enough in life to hold your own. I am not taking care of, financially nor emotionally, another human being. And if you cant pay for dinner, thats a clear sign for me that one of the two of the forementioned might be a likelihood.

Be sober. I dont care if you have a drink with dinner but by god, dont be a lush. Its SO over, the excuses of why you arent too drunk. At my age, if you are drunk at dinner, you are simply just an old drunk and I wont bother with you...

Dress nice. Dont show up with stains or wrinkles or odd smells. I dont care what your excuse is. I count more than those excuses. BTW...horse smells arent odd smells...

Pay attention to me. Be present. Dont go wonder off into lala land and all your worries. Nor let me catch your eye on some other girl. Have some conversation starters and know how to listen as well as talk. And talk. the strong silent ones are so not cool anymore. If you cant talk to me, its not a good date.

Be civil..I love what the other gals said about being nice to the wait staff. was having dinner with a coworker one day and was totally appalled by her behavior toward them. I never hung out with her again. and that was just a coworker...

Know what you are getting into, before the date. I am not the girl i use to be. Dont expect me to be submissive and dainty. I am also not "down and dirty". I am ladylike and sweet, funny and flirty, but very strong and independent. I am not needy and in trouble. I am also not trouble. Dont come at me like a knight in shining armour...lol on my word pun. I am with you for dinner, not for rescue...

have clean breath

be yourself. I am out with you because something about YOU tickled my fancy. Dont put on airs or try to impress me by changing ...be true to who you are...that makes the best date!

Show up with a gift. A single red rose. A cd for us to listen to that I get to take home and keep. A little horse to add to my collection (you would know I collect palomino knick knacks)

Take photos during the date and post them on your facebook so that the world would know we went out. Show me you are happy to be with me...proud of it.

Dont assume sex. it wont happen. Not at the age I am at..the age of self preservation. I cant provide intimacy just because we like each other. I need far more than that. I think dating has lost its definition.It was originally meant as a process to find the "one". And its ok that we dont need to hang on for "one" anymore. But I do think we threw the baby out with the bath water and jumped into bed too soon too often..speaking for myself...the "we" meaning myself, past and up to the present. I have been dating and havent had sex on a date in forever. I tell people it will take at least a year. LOL> you should see their expressions. Some view it as a challenge. They fall to the wayside when they cant pace themselves. Sex happens....but not too fast...too soon...

oh...dont even kid about ordering horse meat. I will punch you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: