Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Reading a few at the moment, but two have really caught my attention and consumed my thoughts (and time):

* The Bitch is Back: Older, Wiser, and (Getting)Happier byCathi Hanauer

I first read the first book - The Bitch in the House back in 2004 and it really struck a chord and resonated for me. Most of the stories were raw, emotional, and poignant. Most were about things I'd thought or witnessed but never really discussed with friends (or anyone). I'm finding the same is true for the second book, and the return or updated stories from some of the essay writers feels like I'd never left off or the 15 years hasn't elapsed between readings.

* Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

I have not read their first book(s) Freakonomics, but that doesn't seem necessary. Their methods aren't really new or revolutionary, but in today's world where we often seem to put critical thinking on the back burner to be mindlessly entertained by social media (yes, I get the irony that I'm posting about this on a social platform) it's a refreshing reminder that we are or can be better equipped mentally. I'm enjoying the anecdotes even though I'm not seeing how some of the methods apply to my daily life. It makes me think bigger than myself and that is enough.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post: