Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Do you use the term "woman" as part of your identity?

Most definately!

What does it mean to you to use/not use the term "woman?"

It celebrates what I am...a female, a woman, a strong woman. It is a sense of pride, it is a sense of being. It is also appreciating my female body parts which I think are quite nifty.

Does tension/discomfort exist for you in using the term "woman" together with butch, femme, queer, or any of your other identity definers? If so, why?

No. I have always identified as a human, a female, a woman, a lesbian, a butch......in that order. I have ever experienced anything female as being foreign or uncomfortable.....well except maybe for pantyhose.

If you do not use the term "woman" how did you come to the decision not to?

n/a

How is "woman" different from "female" (and I don't mean in the academic sense, but in the lived experience sense).

For me, being a female and a woman is the same thing.

What does "woman" mean?

For me, it is a combination of physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of being into a unique whole.

What does "woman" not mean?

It means not male/man.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: