View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart View Post
First off -- much of the world is anything but post-gender, so although I am a proponant of a global persepctive, in this thread I suppose we'd have to look at the "post-gender world" with a somewhat narrower focus.

Do you use the term "woman" as part of your identity?
No.

What does it mean to you to use/not use the term "woman?"
It means I am not a woman.

Does tension/discomfort exist for you in using the term "woman" together with butch, femme, queer, or any of your other identity definers? If so, why?
NA

If you do not use the term "woman" how did you come to the decision not to?
I was honest with myself.

How is "woman" different from "female" (and I don't mean in the academic sense, but in the lived experience sense).
Woman suggests a female that has reached a certain level of maturity.

What does "woman" mean?
Many, many things, but I will go with unlimited possibilities, as my succinct answer.

What does "woman" not mean?
Well, it isn't a dirty word.

There are many other questions that could be asked, and by all means ask them.
I tried to be a woman, and it didn't work. I tried to be a dyke/lesbian, and I always felt like I was the enemy. Once upon a time, I was a butch, now I'm a guy, and it feels right.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: