starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have tried several long distance relationships, the furthest one being on the farthest opposite coast as possible. For me, it was SO difficult. I never had any issues with the person, but I am such a needy girl I struggled with not having them with me to touch, kiss, feel, be lazy with, go on dates, etc.

My partner now, Justin lives in LA and I am in San Diego (130 miles apart). I don't know of most would consider this "long distance" but we couldn't just "be together" when we wanted to be without fighting LA traffic. What worked for us was iChat, yahoo messenger, phone calls. When we are not together, we sleep on FaceTime together or on the phone all night (thank goodness for unlimited mobile to mobile..lol). We talk all day on yahoo messenger or text. We call eachother on breaks or after work. We have done this for a year now. But, she is moving in with me this weekend so now we don't have to anymore! Yaya :-)

The San Diego to LA distance was hard for me too, we broke up several times over it, but ultimately we made it work. Just keep your head up when it gets rough. It takes patience, But you can do it. Look at all of these beautiful testimonies from these amazing people. It definitely is worth it in the end when it does work out.

Smiles!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post: