gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I loved this as well. The actors were so good. Was surreal seeing Cube's son as him , that worked out perfectly. Also an important message about a number of issues were conveyed through this film as it was about so much more than just nostalgic gangsta rap.

Was a little bizarre seeing a guy my friends and I went to high school with as an actor in the opening scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Straight Outta Compton.

I loved this movie. The writing was excellent and the music fantastic.

The GF does not really like rap and also really liked it.

Very worth seeing. It was like a time capsule of the period.

I wish the excesses of the police of the time were also a thing of the past but we know that is not true. It felt so shameful watching it, just as it does now.

From Rotten Tomatoes, with a score of 90%:

In the mid-1980s, the streets of Compton, California, were some of the most dangerous in the country. When five young men translated their experiences growing up into brutally honest music that rebelled against abusive authority, they gave an explosive voice to a silenced generation. Following the meteoric rise and fall of N.W.A., Straight Outta Compton tells the astonishing story of how these youngsters revolutionized music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war. -- (C) Universal Pictures

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/straight_outta_compton/

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post: