View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #46
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation
Default pencil box

Okay so I am working hard at gearing up for back to school. I think I am starting year 14 of teaching. I need some mixing it up. I have a serious love of school supplies... So I was mentally making my ultimate personal school supply list.

1. Sharp ticonderoga pencils, and lots of 'em. I don't like pencil top erasers so when there is no more eraser there is no more pencil.

2. Quality, quiet and fast pencil sharpener... this is an absolute must for the lover of sharp pencils. And sometimes sharpening pencils is my daily moment of zen.

3. 2 pocket folders with out the 3 hole punch strip in the center. I like my folders in a rainbow of solid colors and no frills!

3. Kleenex.

4. 3 sizes of ziploc bags: snack, sandwich and gallon. I've got things to organize.

5. Rainbow collection of fine tip sharpies. I am just like the colors.

6. Colored paper clips... the shear number of papers I shuffle and copies I make for various levels of CYA folders means I abhor staples. And a little flair makes me smile while I deforest the Amazon.

7. Markers. Especially red and green. I like to give dots where to start and stop on work sometimes.

8. Highlighters. Not for highlighting my professional reading but because the kids think they are soooo freaking cool. Give a kindergarten student a highlighter and suddenly you are a star!

9. post its... Nothing is permanent in education! And rarely do things make it to my long term memory!

10. Water bottle. Gotta flush the germs

11. dry erase crayons. These are new and I am gonna give them a try.

12. Velcro.

13. Card stock. Sometimes I like things to last longer than regular paper, and I need to use it before I can laminate it. Maybe I'll never have time to laminate it. Let's be honest here.

14. Binders in a nice color or navy blue with the clear pockets to label. I've got a thing for binders... Meeting notes, data, schedule. I like to have 1 one inch binder that is with me at all times.

15. traveling hanging file box...I'll take my data to go please!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: