Old 11-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #696
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Mandalorian - Episode 2: The Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Since I like sci-fi, I've already watched episode 1 of the new Disney+ The Mandalorian. It seems like there will be 8 episodes in first season, coming out throughout Nov and Dec. Much fun, I guess, especially for kids of all ages... and completely in the Star Wars tradition. So, a lot of shoot 'em up scenes. The CGI and world-construction were really good.

It is a sci-fi / western type of series, with The Mandalorian being a very Clint Eastwood-esque bounty hunter (i.e. gunfighter) , and so the new adventure begins, and he goes after his first major asset... and what a surprise that is! I won't say what the asset is... so, no spoilers here.

And as one character says, "I have spoken", lol

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw
Well, I've seen episode 2 and ya know, it all reminds me of the really old 1949 TV serial, Rocketman!!!! first released before I was born...haha... only The Mandalorian doesn't have rockets attached to his back, but the look is similar... and he has a spaceship instead. God, how I loved watching those hokey serials as a kid, sitting in front of the TV, spellbound.

and as far as the asset he gets - um, a child, the following picture says it all:

it's Star Wars, but as a TV serial, what fun...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote