View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #44
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
Have you watched the documentary "Forks over Knives" on Netflix?
I highly recommend it.

I have ceased eating meat but do eat a very healthy, organic, plant based and whole food diet. It is working for me.

I respect the personal choices that people make regarding food, but I know that I am doing what is right for me.
I've seen it twice and completely agree that I will not participate in factory farming or the products from it.

There was an earlier documentary from 2005 that really brought it home for me called "Our Daily Bread", also on Netflix and now Youtube. It is what really started me researching. I won't post the trailer because it's too horrible. Here is the link to the film for anyone with the stomach for it. >link Something like Forks Over Knives is geared more for western audiences.

For myself it's about carefully investigating clean sources, being willing to put my money where my mouth is, and avoiding cruelty. I've spent over a decade experimenting and finding what works for me and my own health and settled in as a "gentle omnivore".

I would recommend that if you are interested in watching the series, you skip the "Fire" segment and focus on the "Air", a fascinating look at bread and grains, as well as "Earth" which focuses on fermentation. I was also careful to post a warning to those who I thought might take offense, specifying vegetarians/vegans. It sounds like this series might not be for you.

I fully respect your choice not to ingest animal protein and am glad it works for you, each person is different and responds differently to their chosen diet. I also respect those from other cultures and tastes that might not align with my own.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: