Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation
Default the pat-down

I am getting ready to plan a trip to NYC which gets me to thinking of the actual Travel part of the trip....which leads me to the flying part and That gets me a thinkin' of the pat-down part...

for me, the pat-down, is a gare-un-tee every time I fly out of SFO...don't get me wrong, they want to do things which make us ""safe""to travel, god bless america, I will go along with the program...I do so with my yappy and often ill-mannered mouth s.h.u.t....I do it with the most compliant-self I am able to muster up...

all this leads me to think of the time before last when I traveled and the Pat-Down itself...they motion me over into the display case so everyone is Sure to see how safe they will be on their plane since they are gonna do a pat-down on the old lady with curly grey hair...but, I am a good girl---I stand there, sans shoes, or any sweater, my purse out of reach (*that* alone sends me into an anxious state)...all this is done with me in a dress so the whole 'spread your legs and arms' thing makes me all the more exposed...and, not being as tall as I think I should be, means that the spread leg thing is even more uncomfortable and exposing...

the Pat-Down begins...and it continues...and then I am feeling Really Creeped Out so I move to to get my feet closer together and pat-down-girl orders me to keep my legs apart...it's kinda hard to hear what she is saying since she is now on her knees in front of me as she does her ""job""...and this goes on for a l-o-n-g time... I am more and more freaked out...I am old enough, I have had enough of a real life to know when something is not right...when it's creepy and wrong...I know how that feels, and that was how this event felt...

finally she is done...and Surprise!! she didn't find anything and I am allowed to get my things and continue onto the gate...as I stand down I turned and there was a woman standing at the end of the conveyer belt getting her things...our eyes met, and she says to me " what was that???"...I was so relieved, I had a witness !!... I said something like 'yeah that was creepy, right'...her response was that it was indeed 'creepy....that she was watching and could tell from where she was standing that there was something wrong with the whole thing and the pat-down girl was inappropriate...

so..that's what is on my mind at the moment as I begin to think of concrete dates for a trip to visit my friend...it makes me feel bad and I wish it wasn't on my mind...I was worried last time I flew, and while I did have to go on display stand for the pat-down it was just the regular kind...but now I get nervous about the weird kind...if it does happen again I am going to stand and scream like a crazy person...

I did say something to the sfpd cop who was at the exit but, to be candid, by that time I was too freaked out to stand around and calmly try and explain what happened...

it's not an amusing yap about what's on my mind...still it's (one of the things) there for now...

and on we go...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post: