View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:14 AM   #41
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

I have to be very careful with things like this as it risks triggering my eating disorder. In fact I ended up having to skip reading most of this stuff as I started to feel anxious. In pursuit of a fictional state of 'utopian health' I really put my body and mind through the ringer with crazy, obsessive habits and unrealistic goals. Then, for a whole mix of reasons including this unhealthy behaviour and an abusive rship, I had a nervous breakdown and ended up bingeing my way to a body I cannot be at peace with. Not that I was at peace with my skinny body *eyeroll* but at least I fit into my clothes!
These days I try and take a balanced and gentler approach and not try to be so 'perfect'... so deprivation diets are right out...
mainly:

- 2 litres of water a day
- try to get early bed and earlyish rise... a good 8 hours of sleep, always
- lay off the booze and barbiturates
- multi-v every day (I used to be supplement crazy... ugh)
- try and move my body a lot through a variety of gentle exercise (I damaged my knees and ankles through lots of high impact cardio) that is still challenging but also fun
- lots of fruit and veggies
- avoid stressful people and situations
- creative outlets I can enjoy
- breaking down housework into small tasks divided into different days
- laughing a lot!!! always looking for funny things to enjoy
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote