Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading another great schlocky novel by James Michener (1907-1997), "Poland" (1983).

Michener's novels include Tales of the South Pacific, Hawaii, The Drifters, Centennial, The Source, The Fires of Spring, Chesapeake, Caribbean, Caravans, Alaska, Texas and Poland. His non-fiction works include Iberia, about his travels in Spain and Portugal.

His first book was adapted as the popular Broadway musical South Pacific by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein.

The guy wrote some 40 novels/books, almost all based in sweeping historical research and full of manifest destiny, which is always fun.

Thankfully I wont list them all here but:

I did learned about "the missionary position" from "Hawaii"; all about why everyone wants pieces of Israel from "The Source"; and I can still sing all the words to "Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair" from South Pacific.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: