Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Second puberty - great article

I've just come across a very interesting article in the Huffington Post about a trans womans experience of, well,socially becoming a woman and the comparison with that of the cisgender woman who documented her 'second puberty': http://https://www.huffingtonpost.co...b0734a99385612

I can very much relate to this. I grew up admiring the appearance of the likes of Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn in the films I saw them in, on the one hand, whilst desperately wanting to fit in with the women I saw around me every day. My heroines were women in science like Henrietta Leavitt and Mme Curie, and I looked up to positive female role models from feminists whose books I read to various women in the music world.

I wanted to be like them, ALL of them, despite the impossibility of doing so because of how disparate those images of womanhood were! I wanted so much to do what any young girl or woman does and find out just what kind of woman I was and where I fit in amongst women in general.

Yes, it was like having puberty a second time, or a part of it. I'm still in the tail end of the second part of it because it's less than two years since I found the nerve to approach the lesbian scene again following my rejection therefrom thirty years ago. I settled into being a woman socially in a lot of ways long ago, and yet my social development sexually had been rudely curtailed, so it's only now I've been finding my feet, and going through all that awkwardness of wondering how the dating game is played amongst lesbians that not a few women my kind of age who've only recently come out as lesbian do.

I'm so glad that the world, at least here in the UK, is kinder to young transfolk and lesbians than it was when I was little. Two or three puberties is one or two too many!!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: