Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #64
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
First off Koop, congrats!

I took Arnica before and for a couple of days after my surgery and had very little bruising too. I've seen pics of some pretty bad bruising too, and really think the arnica helped me.

Arwen mentioned the drains. Holy cow, is she right! I had my drains in for about a week, if I remember right. There is no way in hell I would have been able to do that by myself. The position of them alone would have made them difficult to deal with even if I hadn't just had surgery.

And something that I realized after Arwen left, that caused me much dismay...the microwave in my apartment was over the stove. I couldn't reach up to put anything in it or get anything out of it. Pans were just too heavy, even empty.

I didn't sleep in my bed for about a month after my surgery. Thinker mentioned the pressure of bending over at the waist...it was sort of the same thing for me, but in reverse. Plus I generally sleep on my side and that was totally out of the question for awhile. I covered my recliner in an old bed sheet in case the drains did leak (which they did, a bit) and slept there for awhile.

Good luck Oopster, I'm excited for you!

Thanks Goofy!

Thanks i have a recliner if needed ... bought myself a nice lazy boy for my last neck surgery.

Microwave is already at a good level... just normally i would have troubles with one up high.

I'll have people in place for the drains, although I still may not have them. Like I said he will only put them in if he really thinks they are absolutely necessary otherwise he prefers to remove any fluid via a needle. Less chance of infection.

Honestly can see how the arnica would work. It's really hard to get my veins so whenever they take blood I end up bruised from all the digging. Today I've literally been watching the bruises disappear before my eyes. The smaller bruises from monday are completely gone. And the one that would be there normally a week minimum could be gone tomorrow. IT's been a trip to watch my arm today
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote