Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smart woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsgrrl View Post
I'm thankful this thread has been revived.

I have always thought long-distance relationships were not for me. They still aren't. Not really. I cannot believe I am in one. We've been "dating" for the last 3 months or so. She lives in Canada. I live 1100+ miles away in the states.

I have fallen. Hard. I met her through a dating site and flew out within the first 2 weeks to meet her in person. I wanted to see if we would really be a "match". It went well. Almost too well. I flew out a second time. And she has visited me once. I will be going out there again for 2 weeks at the end of this month.

It is very difficult to not be physically present with someone (for me). We talk and text everyday (lots) and often use Skype.

I feel like we've gotten a bit caught up in - how are we going to make it not a LDR? It would involve a marriage and me moving to Canada. Whoa! Huge step! (And yes it's only been 3 months.) I'm very well-established (career, home owner, etc) where I live and I would be unravelling all that to move there. It will also be a major culture change: urban to rural.

So... now I've decided to back up a bit and really think about the relationship part of it... A LDR is a new experience for me. I think I'm willing to work on it though because the alternative would be not having this person in my life. And I'm not willing to give that up at this point.
It's always best to step back a bit....always....<IMHO anyway>
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post: