Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

3 Baltimore officers charged in alleged assault on juvenile

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-officers-charged-20160114-story.html

Three Baltimore officers have been charged in an alleged assault on a juvenile at Sinai Hospital a year ago, police announced Thursday.

Officer Duane Williams Jr., a seven-year veteran assigned to the Northwest District, was charged with second-degree child abuse, second-degree assault and misconduct in office, police said. He has been suspended without pay.

Officer Bijay Ranabhat, a two-year veteran, was charged with misconduct in office and suspended with pay.

Officer Lonnie White Jr., who has been with the department for two years, was charged with perjury and misconduct in office and suspended with pay.

"Misconduct by police officers is an insult to the good and noble work our police officers do every hour," Commissioner Kevin Davis said in a statement.

Police said the assault occurred Jan. 14, 2015. Further details were not released, and court records were not immediately available.

Prosecutors have declined to comment, citing the pending cases.

The department's internal affairs division was notified of the incident last January, police said.

An indictment against two of the officers was handed up Wednesday, police said; the other officer was charged on a criminal summons.

"The union has not been given enough information to comment," said Lt. Gene Ryan, president of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3, which represents Baltimore officers.

This week, the Police Department announced a restructuring of its internal affairs unit, a move that Davis said will improve the ability to hold officers accountable for wrongdoing.

"I will defend cops when they're right. I will train and counsel cops when they make mistakes while trying to do the right thing," Davis said Tuesday. "And if I have to, I will discipline, fire, criminally charge police officers who betray their fellow officers and our community."

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote