Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #316
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Southland in the Springtime.....

Hey Y'all!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and tonight's rough weather isn't too troublesome. I had the opportunity to spend the better part of the weekend in Madison. The weather was to die for and so much starting to bloom....Carolina jasmine, forsythia, daffodils, tulip trees, redbud trees and the Bradford pears just popped overnight it seems. Of course being the small town there was a fish fry put on by the volunteer fire dept., I stopped at Miss Lola belle's house and picked up a dozen fresh eggs (leaving my cash contribution inside the old Maxwell coffee can by the back porch) so we could make a pound cake to go with the fried chicken and hush puppies later in the day. I happened to attend a church service Sunday morning at Madison Baptist. History has it that Sherman did not burn Madison as his good friend from West Point days hailed from the town. The good General did stable his horses in the church basement and there is still a small pile of old leather riding equipment in the far corner, long dry rotted. The wine (grape juice) of the Lord's Supper was served in a silver pitcher over 100 years old. The preacher talked about all those who came before us who had been served from that pitcher, and all those who will come after us. He spoke how one is no more or less important than another in God's eyes. It made me think about how far we have come, and how very far we have to go....as a gay community, as a region, as a country and as a world. But watching all the small acts of kindness that weekend, I believe we will get there...and I trust our journey, and my own. Being Southern...it's a good thing.

Katniss~~(now popping a Zyrtec as the pollen onslaught has begun)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: