Old 05-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #1094
IrishAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Dancing in the sunshine and rain.

IrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyButch View Post
Last night Sebastian got out. I have a deck off My kitchen and had the main door open but the screen door was closed. I was sitting here on the couch and he was over there sniffing by the door- before I knew it- he pushed into the screen door- and he bolted. Apparently I did not have the screen door latched the whole way. It was pitch dark out there- and we had storms off and on all day. I went out with a flashlight and tried to get him back in. No luck.

I was in chat and Martina and Buck suggested putting food out- and leaving the door open a bit- and to keep calling for him every half hour or so. I tried that until I just could not keep My eyes open any more. No luck.

I did check the bowl this morning- and he must have come around while I was sleeping and ate almost all of the food.

I was messaging with My sis- and she said given we do not know his history- he might be an outdoor cat and I do not know it-so it might be likely I will always have problems like this.

Right now, I just want him to come back. I wish I could take the day off today- but I can't- we have people coming in from our sister company- and this is an important week.

I am seriously sad and worried right now. Say a prayer for him- and his safe return, please.

I'm so sorry to hear that he's slipped out, Hopefully he will return home soon!
I am betting that if he was smart enough to escape he is smart enough to survive.

I have had a few cats over the years that just insisted that they had to be out side animals, regardless of what my opinion was.

If I did not let them out they were terrors to the home other animals people... did I mention that one as a form of protest refused to use the litter box? I gave in quickly in that battle.

I think like any creatures that share a space as soon as he comes back through that door you'll find a rhythm that works.

Fingers crossed.

IrishAmazon
IrishAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishAmazon For This Useful Post: