Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I heard that there were nearly 500 marches across 7 continents in solidarity with the Women's March on Washington yesterday. (I haven't verified this yet, so please don't send me to the gallows.)

But just think of all of that positive energy rocking this earthly planet of ours as woman, joined by people of all genders from all around the world participated in whatever capacity they were able. Regardless of the exact number of marches, it was amazing!

It was, and will continue to be powerful!
We would never send you or anyone to the gallows!!

The total number changed almost hourly as they tried to get their arms around exactly how many people participated!

How about massive numbers?! I also like the 2.5 million people participated figures!

It sparks hope within me and I needed it badly.

Bully, thanks for starting this thread. It was a great inspiration for us to gather energy again. The women's movement was not dead. Perhaps just sleeping but I think the sleeping giant has been awakened;

And she is pissed!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: