Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #3791
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
How much more bad news about economic indicators can we take?

Here's another one for ya...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lo...-93688844.html

Stanley Furn is where my mom has worked for the past 30 some years. It is one of the remaining few factories in this area. Bassett ( the world's largest furn manf.), Pulaski, Hooker, Lane, and American and others have already closed their doors or are in that process. This area is blue collar and factories have been the primary source of income for most families here.

I find it ironic that the places the President has visited and touted "new jobs" are actually places like motor companies who have just recalled employees that had already laid off. Not "new jobs".

I don't see our economic picture getting any brighter at all and it won't until we put penalties on companies who send manf. work overseas. It surprises me that with all of our work on making the job place safe and to ensure a fair wage, we allow our major corporations to use what is little more than slave labor in other countries.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: