Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bumpin it!

Since I am between degrees I have decided that I should keep my brain tuned up. So I have decided to learn something new each day (big or small) till I return to classes...

Today in staff meeting the psychologist discussed with me (since everyone else was acting silly) about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). It was basically a therapy that was used as a destressor for traumatic events and situations in one's life. The Doc was saying to me that he believed that it was later considered to be a placebo by the American Psychological Association (APA) and didn't actually work.

Yeh, It sounds interesting enough and worth reading up on some. I told him it kind of reminded my of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) also known as "tapping." Now he's curious too. Maybe next week we can exchange a little bit on our findings.

Last edited by jac; 09-05-2012 at 07:15 PM.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: