laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I have used EMDR in therapy and swear by it, mostly to get deeper into an issue. But in my opinion, you have to be fairly self aware for it to work. I think you also have to have a real understanding of the issues you are dealing with.

I have also used tapping (EFT) to relieve stress and it has worked for me.

I have done Journey Intensive work as well which uses processes to step back further and further to get to the root of the issue. Sometimes as far back as childhood. You can deal with an issues in a relatively short period of time.

I have also been part of a drumming circle and the premise is the same. Using an external stimulus to distract the conscious mind so the subconscious can do the work.

I am always exploring and learning new ways to maneuver my way through life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Since I am between degrees I have decided that I should keep my brain tuned up. So I have decided to learn something new each day (big or small) till I return to classes...

Today in staff meeting the psychologist discussed with me (since everyone else was acting silly) about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). It was basically a therapy that was used as a destressor for traumatic events and situations in one's life. The Doc was saying to me that he believed that it was later considered to be a placebo by the American Psychological Association (APA) and didn't actually work.

Yeh, It sounds interesting enough and worth reading up on some. I told him it kind of reminded my of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) also known as "tapping." Now he's curious too. Maybe next week we can exchange a little bit on our findings.
The Following User Says Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post: