Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
I have used EMDR in therapy and swear by it, mostly to get deeper into an issue. But in my opinion, you have to be fairly self aware for it to work. I think you also have to have a real understanding of the issues you are dealing with.

I have also used tapping (EFT) to relieve stress and it has worked for me.

I have done Journey Intensive work as well which uses processes to step back further and further to get to the root of the issue. Sometimes as far back as childhood. You can deal with an issues in a relatively short period of time.

I have also been part of a drumming circle and the premise is the same. Using an external stimulus to distract the conscious mind so the subconscious can do the work.

I am always exploring and learning new ways to maneuver my way through life.
All of the above interest me Laruss. I have used tapping, at a basic novice level of understanding with my daughter and it helped her overcome her fear of crossing busy streets when she was pre-teen. So yes, I know it works first hand and have been thinking of getting back into it again... along with my Reiki.

As for the Journey Intensive work, this sounds very familiar. I want to say that my breath therapist has done this level of therapy with me at some point. I will definitely have to ask her about that. Actually when she does her breath therapy she uses chants and drumming CDs in the background for the external stimuli.

Energy work is amazing stuff...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: