How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm catching up in recording my exercise. Thursday, Friday, and today (Sunday) I did 30 minutes on the Climbmill in the pattern of 5 minutes of Levels 6, then 5, then 4, - etc. - down to 1. My heart rate was 150-155. Doing 5 minutes at level 2, followed by level 1 does not create enough intensity to maintain my heart rate where I want it even if I do not use my hands/arms. So I've been holding a 2.5 weight in each hand when I get to those last 10 minutes, and that works for me.

Thursday: I came in and Judith was reading the NY Times topless. I came back after my workout and Judith was still reading the NY Times topless.

Friday: On the two climbmills next to me was a gay couple doing synchronized climbing where they incorporated skip steps and extended legs- like ballet style. It was a site to behold, very impressive.

Saturday: no exercise (rest lungs)

Sunday (today): I ran into an old friend Lakysha. She's a real talker but in a very nice way. I like her a lot. She's a chubby Black woman around my age who works in finance. She said that she likes to take a break from the gym now and then and go to a spin class that is not at the gym, like at Cyc or at Soulcycle. She suggested we do that sometime after work. She said it feels good to switch things up. I've never done a spin class. Hmmm... Anyone have any spinning advice for a first timer?

I am almost all over my latest bronchial type illness. I am hoping to get good sleep this week so that it doesn't creep back. Cuz ya know how it is when an illness is not completely 100% over and you stress yourself and it returns. I'm hoping to avoid that.

My gym has a slogan for 2019 that I'm having a hard time remembering. The one for 2018 was "Commit to something" which always struck me as funny and also pretty great. I'm adjusting to this one. It's (*thinking*): "It's not fitness. It's life." I kind of like the concept but it will need to grow on me.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: