View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #336
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Skeletons In The Closet..............

A secret source of shame, potentially ruinous if exposed, which a person or family makes efforts to conceal...
For the most part, this expression holds true EXCEPT when another person does not know all the facts about any particular situation. It's definitely not wise to assume one is in possession of all the facts because there's ALWAYS the proverbial "Ace up one's sleeve." And, just because one chooses to not speak publicly about any some such perceived "skeleton in the closet " does not always mean it's a 'skeleton' that brings shame upon the person or people affected by the so-called "skeleton in the closet."

Quote:
"A sight for sore eyes".......

A welcome sight; someone or something you are glad to see.
....... .......

Quote:
"According to Hoyle".......

In accord with the highest authority; in accord with a strict set of rules.
...... *Amen*......

Quote:
Handwriting Is On The wall.................

A clear sign that something unpleasant or unwelcome is going to happen...
OR --- as I prefer to say, due to my heavier than usual study of communication (organizational, human, interpersonal or family or law or social media --- to name a few categories of specialty studies), people often leave clues to any sort of thought process or motive or intent via the way the communicate x, y or z types of things.

Quote:
"To Travel Hopefully Is A Better Thing Than To Arrive"........

Hope and anticipation are often better than reality....
And, sometimes it's the way a person perceives their own reality. Perception is key toward understanding. Sometimes reality is far better than what one could possibly imagine.

Quote:
"Wing It".............

To do something with in an impromptu manner, improvising, with little preparation.
This is a favorite expression I use often.....I think it's wise to have and cultivate an expansive repertoire of talent, logic, "tools of the trade" in order to be able to adapt or adopt at any given moment. Having the ability to do such a thing is valuable, if not life saving.

Quote:
Where Your Heart On Your Sleeve...............

Display one's emotions openly....
I love this expression too. Under the right conditions, I'm known to "wear my heart on my sleeve".......

Quote:
"Turn The Tables".........

Reverse the positions of adversaries. The phrases is often used when the weaker position subsequently becomes dominant.
Game Changer (another valuable tool in the trade....)

_____ ______