Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Let me begin by saying,

1. Yes, I believe it is okay for clergy to be homosexual because I do not believe God would create a love that is sinful in nature.

2. In Oklahoma, we do not have same sex marriage. Thus, if my pastor were to be openly gay/lesbian, I would prefer they be married in a state that recognizes same sex marriages, even though it is not legally recognized here...just for the simple reason they are not living together as an unmarried couple. Just because the government doesn't recognize a union (and I don't mean a civil union) doesn't mean God will not.

3. For lack of true knowledge, so many people mis-quote the Bible it's not even amusing. A lesbian friend of mine has a bible that is a direct translation of the original scriptures and would you believe there is NOT ONE instance where the word homosexuality comes up? Now it does say that it is wrong for men to lay with men as with a woman, and it says it is wrong for women to lay with beasts...but no where does it say it is wrong for women to lay with women! And why does it say that it is wrong for men to lay with men? Because it is "detestable," (Leviticus 18:22) a waste of seed (sperm), just as in male masturbation (semen was considered an unclean discharge...Lev 15:16). The book of Leviticus is the one I am referencing throughout. This same friend also has a 1950s bible that has the word homosexuality in it; it has been added.

4. The bible also talked about the right to have slaves. Now we all know that that is morally wrong and that's why we do not practice it today. Also, true to biblical times, when a woman was on her menses, that which she touched had to be burned and she was "unclean for seven days" at the end of her period. Just as in the previous example, what was practiced in history is not necessary today. Why? It was a matter of cleanliness, something we do not have to worry about nowadays.

Now, it is now 0920 am and I have literally been up 24 hours so I hope this post makes sense and doesn't confuse or irritate people. If it does, please allow me to apologize in advance and plead sleep deprivation by means of not taking my night medication (oopsie ) On the other hand, I hope this may have helped others as well. Take from it what you will and please don't bash me, I'm too tired for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post: