Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
I used to collect stones when I lived in Australia. Me and my ex would go to gem shows and get some pretty stuff. My favorite woo woo jazz stone is Hematite. I love how it is supposed to keep away negative energy and what not. But we bought an Amethyst stone and someone told me if you sleep next to it you will have bad dreams. So of course I tried it and yeah don't sleep next to an Amethyst stone.
Grin, that's the power of suggestion at work for ya! Amethyst is actually known to be the nightmare breaker not the nightmare maker.

It is also known as the drunkard's stone. That's because Bacchus fell in love (well okay, lust... as much as a permanently drunken God can be) with a nymph named Amethyst.

He went towards her. Now you have to know that Bacchus rode in a chariot pulled by tigers. Just what the world needs, right? A drunk driver pulled by tigers.

Naturally Amethyst was scared. So she shrieked and ran and prayed to her patron Goddess, Diana.

Diana wasn't really in the mood for it so she turned Amethyst into a clear pillar of crystal. Bacchus realized his mistake and in his sorrow poured his jug of wine on the stone turning it the clear beautiful purple we see today.

He then stated that anyone who carried a piece of this stone could ward off the effects of alcohol.

Another variation of this tale is that he was ticked at all mortals and vowed to set his tigers on the next human he saw. That was Amethyst. I like my version better because it's more of a love story. LOL

Hematite is known to lower blood pressure as well as be an absorber/reflector of negativity. I can't wear regular hematite because it makes me really ill (I have low blood pressure already.)

If you crack it open, you will find why it is called Hematite (first part is related to the Greek word for "blood"). It's red inside!

I really love Specular Hematite too.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote