How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I just realized today is the 7th year anniversary of the day I become a non-smoker... cold turkey at that. It is one of the best choices I have made in my entire life. I never looked book, and just kept telling myself, "I don't smoke."

If you have quit, congratulations! You made a great choice and you deserve to be proud of yourself! Cheers!

If you are trying to quit, please know you can do this. One of the major things that helped me to quit other than just putting them down and never lighting another one, was to change my thinking with regards to smoking.

You can quit without all of the cravings and mood swings, by making a plan, telling yourself truthful positive things, and alter any routines you have now that involve smoking. For instance if you generally light up after a meal, plan ahead to do something different for that 10 minutes. Brush your teeth, if you feel a craving coming on, and drink water. Also know that cravings only last for a couple of minutes before vanishing. Best wishes!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: