Old 05-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #114
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Well, I first saw this about a week ago and find it a bit bizarre. I suppose it's just a prank or done out of sheer boredom. I have no idea how the person got up that high to do it.

There are two pairs of children's tennis shoes tied up on the telephone line near my house. A pair of girl's pink sneakers and a pair of boy's sneakers. Weird.
Who put the shoes there and why? The list of explanations goes on. Suggestions include:

It’s the work of gangs marking the boundaries of their territory. I've seen this.

Bullies take them off defenseless kids, then sling them up out of reach as the ultimate taunt. And this.

Gang members create an informal memorial at the spot where a friend lost his life. This is how I see it done most often.

Crack dealers festoon wires to advertise their presence in the neighborhood. This doesn't surprise me.

The next few options....eh.

The shoes increase wire visibility for low-flying aircraft.

Overly puffed-up boys who have just lost their virginity or otherwise passed a sexual milestone look to signal the event to others.

Graduating seniors mark this transition in their lives by leaving something of themselves behind; namely, their shoes.

Kids do it just because it’s fun. And besides, what else are you going to do with a worn-out pair of sneakers other than tie the laces together and toss them high? Kids will be kids.

This concludes your report on hanging shoes.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: