Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I went to the nail salon yesterday and thought of this whole thing about not acknowledging people. In this case not only ignoring but adding plain rudeness on top of it.

I went to 3 places until I found one who could take me immediately and I walked in all cheerful and asked about a quick manicure.

A lady said she could take me. She said *Gel?* i said *no, just file and polish*

She sits me down and proceeds to get the gel nails set up for me. I said *no, file and polish* She said *why don’t you want gel?* i said *because I don’t like gel, can you please just file and polish*

Boy did that set her off! She then gets pissy, and starts speaking loudly in vietnamese to her coworkers. I should have walked out but I really wanted my nails done (Daddi comes home today!)

She pissed me off but i was determined to turn this around, so I complimented her up and down while she did my nails. *Oh i like that shirt* *oh you are good at this* She was not having it. It was like I wasn’t even there. She was that pissed over gel nails. Her hand massage was kinda funny.. she was so irritated ! I said *not necessary*.. she replied with *go wash hands*....

So she did finish up and while waiting for my nails to dry she sat with her arms folded. Well I made sure the *drying *part took a LONG time and finally she says *You pay now*. I said sure.. and gave her my debit card.

She said *No cash?* ... I said no cash. That irritated her!

She goes to the register and yells across the salon *You want to tip?* .... I said *yes of course!* ..I gave her a nice tip. THAT put a smile on her face when she handed me back my card.

On the way out I thanked her and told her in front of everyone that I am sorry she is having a bad day, and hope it gets better.

I don’t even think she thanked me.

She didn’t ruin my day, my nails look great and hopefully she did have a better disposition for her other clients.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: