View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #53
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I came out at the age of 49. I was the absolute PICTURE of "invisibility"!! My first gf was very butch, and I only ever felt like I was seen and perhaps recognized as family when I was with her. I plastered my car with Pride bumper stickers, just to get SOMEONE to recognize...no, ACKNOWLEDGE me! I cut my hair short, spiked it up, cause I thought that might make me look more "gay". *grinning....sheesh!*

So now, 11 yrs later, I still am invisible. I don't know if it is my age that does that, or what. Yeah, I still have the short spiked hair (well, it spikes sometimes!) But even when I am around family, I STILL get questioned on being a Femme!! Had a couple of friends over tonite, and one of them (she looks very butch, but swears she isn't) asked me, quite seriously, on whether I was Butch or Femme! I could not believe it!

As for the idea of catching a Butch's eye and winking, there is no way in the world I could do that! I have smiled at them, even gave a little nod, but nothing.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post: