imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think it makes me feel less than... though in some ways it does. It makes me feel that an important part of my femininity - my girlishness, rather than womanliness - is utterly erased or completely invisible because of my "level of experience" and I feel my femininity is being forced in a direction that doesn't allow for that type of

daisy loving
butterfly chasing
barefoot
giggling
daisy chain making
glitter loving
vulnerable
sweet

girl that does reside in me along with the skilled, knowledgeable, nurturing, kind woman. I feel like my femininity, because of my age and my amount of experience can only be accepted as desirable if - and only if - I'm maternal, teaching, dominant, femme-fatal, classy older woman... I'm no katherine hepburn. I'm really not. I don't have that kind of grace. That's not the kind of femininity I bring to the table.

So what happens to the girly girl in me when she is no longer wanted as a part of my femininity? When the younger dykes do aproach me, it's always with the attitude of me teaching them something, or I'm going to blow their mind or wow an older woman guess she'll show me a thing or two, put me in my place mama, or other some such nonsense.

and those my own age, who once adored my girlishness are now with much younger femmes who have an innocence that I can't provide to them. But I'm still a girl inside. But that part of me seems to have become completely invisible.

That's why I'm asking: what happens to femininity as we age? what *kind* of femininity are we "allowed" to own as desirable as older women? Cause I don't see being a sweet girl as something a femme is viewed as if she's had a certain amount of experience and age.

Am I the only one who feels parts of them is invisible due to the expectancy of "experience", "wisdom," "maturity" and "skill"?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: