imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

It's not that it's taken away, it's that it's not seen, not validated, not encouraged. Having a certain type of femininity is "admired" and desired. I still am who I am. I just feel the girl in me is far more invalid, invisible as I age. She's not wanted. What other want more and more as I age, is a bloody mum. And if that's not the role I want to give...

I have a mate who is 65 and she finds she gets this even from younger dykes as mates around her. She's seen as a maternal figure or historian. It pisses her off. When I've talked to her about how I'm feeling she's honest and said she doesn't feel girlish and she hasn't really identified with feeling girlish since her 20's so it's not part of her femininity, which is fine, we all have different kinds of femininity be she feels that she's forced into grandmotherly/motherly type femininity in the local community and she finds it very limiting.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: