Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Almost 6 months later...

Nearly six months ago, I couldn't help but wonder when America would turn "Blue." It's been years, decades even, since America was more "Blue" (Democratic), except for the years when the Clinton's held office or the years when the Obama's held office. I'm not much of a history buff and or a politics buff, but I long for our country to be more "Blue" in its political stance.

Just today, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris made their first address to the nation as the Democratic ticket nominees for POTUS and VPOTUS. Their message was inspiring and for the first time in a few years, I now feel like American constituents will finally take a stand and renounce the toxic politics of the political party (The GOP) that has brought America to the brink of near ruin.

I came across Nate Silver's political page over on ABC's news website: The FiveThirtyEight. They've got an interesting interactive map for the 2020 Election Forecast. Toward the middle of the page, one can see the interactive map. One side is red (GOP-TP) and the other side is blue (DEM: Biden-Harris). Each side has little dots. If you use the mouse to hover over any one of the dots, one sees the numerical value of electoral votes given for a presidential win. The FiveThirtyEight team simulates the election 40,000 times to see who wins the election. It's pretty interesting. Of those 40K times they simulate the election results, Biden-Harris are favored winners. In fact, by simulating the election 40 thousand times, Biden-Harris win in 71 of 100 times. That is a pretty strong outcome and I hope that in the end, it turns out even stronger than the FiveThirtyEight team analysis.

If anyone else is interested in perusing the interactive map and wants to see how it works, follow this link to the interactive map: FiveThirtyEight-2020.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: