Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oh, good. I did enjoy the lower-voiced blonde. She was really pretty too.

I think the wrong group went home last night, but I understand it's because they felt the SoCals "lost the song". What the Hell does that even mean? I know the song, have it on cd somewhere, and still recognized it and liked what they did with it. I think the blonde girl with the uneven eyebrows (I notice these things) sang MUCH better than the brunette, even though I liked the brunette's hair better.

Diva? Would you explain in a non-musical knowledge-knowing way for me what they were really saying?

I'm sorry, GemmieLicious....I didn't watch last night.....

But when a group "loses the song" ~ perhaps the judge meant the melody was lost somewhere.

Sometimes ~ whether it's because of nerves or just a poor arrangement ~ the melody gets buried. Stronger voices get toppy (I KNOW You know what THAT means)....maybe the melody has fallen to the weaker part of someone's range, while the harmonizing voice is in the stronger part of theirs.

Sometimes, when nerves take over, various voices might stop listening to their balance.....

So say You've got Your fingers on the keys of a piano and the left hand is hitting the keys harder than the right hand, so those lower notes are overpowering the upper notes.....did that make sense?

It can go the other way,too.....there can be SO much top that the bottom is drowned out, too.....

The a cappella sound is all about balance.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote