Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Thank you girl_dee for creating this thread. It is wonderful to see what members are making and selling. I love to shop local and handmade when I can.

I make and sell jams and jellies. This is a new venture for me. And I still have many questions about shipping. It would be affordable for folks if I find the right flat rate boxes. Jars are just heavy.

Yes this is my issue too. i did mail a scarf with a jar of jam in it and it made it fine but i am sure the shipping was over 12.00 and what a chance it took!

Also the rules are iffy about shipping jam over the border. Being in Canada and most everyone i know is in the US, i have to ship over the border. So i took a chance, and i had to say it was a real heavy scarf.

They could have seized it because if x-rayed jars look like bombs.

Poor Strawberry rhubarb jam could have caused an international crisis.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: