View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #4748
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Big shock! Though I've been losing weight I had to go to the ER because my blood sugar was crazy high. Now I'm changing how I eat because I don't want to wind up on insulin or worse needing dialysis. I'd rather be fat and have good numbers than thin and in poor health. I used to work as a dialysis tech. Though I worked at a really great private clinic, still I wouldn't want to wind up a patient, doing that three times a week. Not unless I absolutely had to. Some people have no choice, but I'm not one of them. In my case it would be inexcusable. Anyhow last night J bought me some healthy snacks and my son said he'd come over tomorrow to take me shopping for some better food choices. Today I spent part of the morning going through the cupboards/fridge and getting rid of stuff. Later J came over and surprised me with a frozen, cauliflower crust pizza. I had my doubts - but it's so good! The best part was I only had the suggested serving size and it completely filled me up, which never happens with regular pizza, and only 230 calories too which is not bad at all. This was really great, her surprising me. As I was cleaning out the kitchen earlier I was determined but mourning the loss off all the fun stuff. She remembered me saying I would miss pizza the other night, then went searching for a healthier option for me today on her lunch hour. It was so thoughtful of her to do that, it really touched me. Oh and even better she bought me a two pack.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: