Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Back on the treadmill...

Last year I completed the Couch to 5k program, and then promptly got lazy after I achieved my goal. I'd go back intermittently but I could never reach my 30 minute/ 3 mile pace because I wasn't working consistently.

I started it again a few weeks ago. My main goal, right now, is to just keep going, just keep trying. And to be as consistent as possible.

I was dreading the run on deck for tonight: week 4, run 1 - a leap from 3 minute run intervals to 6 minute run intervals. It was HARD. Really Hard. 6 minutes can feel like an eternity on the treadmill. But I did it.

The most challenging part for me, actually the two most challenging parts for me are:

1. Getting out the door.

Why? WHY? must it be a battle every time? (answer: because I fear failure.)

2. Combatting the negative dialogue that dominates my thoughts during my run. "I can't, I can't, I can't" syndrome.

When I run my legs hurt, my calves are tight, I might get cramps or aches; and I'm still struggling to get back into a good breathing pattern. But 99% of the time these are minor issues and nothing to keep me from physically running (in fact most of these things get better as I warm up). So, I *know* the only thing that is keeping me from moving forward and succeeding - is me. And the most challenging part is to overcome the voice in my head that says "I can't". When I am able to drown out the "I can't" it is a much more enjoyable experience.

So, anyway, today I ran a run I didn't think I could complete. It was hard. And I'm proud that I did it.