Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #74
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Bless your heart, love! You are ever the gentleman.

*snip*

What I do know is how startling it is when people go out of their way to be accepting of a Transman as a Queer Butch... cuz yanno, it just has NOT been that long ago that people were practically spitting on the ground whenever Queer Butches walked by. If ever there were a flag flying to point out the shift in the cultural wind of this society, I think this one might be it!

I still cringe inside, though. *sheepish smile*
*nods*

I agree, it was not that long ago that it was common place to endure some asshats diatribe on gender expression on a daily basis.

*winds of change* they are ever blowing, gale-force winds these days.

I cringe inside too hon, I am amazed it doesn't show on the outside.

I am thankfull for one specific aspect of the changing climate re: butches.. I do not feel comfortable yet in using mensrooms.. less and less I have encountered the 'looks' or hasty 'clutching of children' by fellow restroom goers as I used to..

so either people are getting used to it, OR I'm avoiding public restrooms more than I used to (both are distinct possibilities)

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote