View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #1434
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,819 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I doubt it. They continuously cycle through their toys and things that aren't toys that they make into toys like my hair stopper in the shower, Q tips and empty toilet paper rolls so something is constantly being ignored at one point or another.

I did some research and thought she was likely more bored than sick so I started moving their main toys and scratching posts around from time to time and it seemed to help a bit but not entirely.

She also has double claws (not polydactyl...she actually has double claws on some sections of her pads) so maybe that plays into it. She seems to have her paws in her mouth more than Loki does but I'm not sure if it's the oral thing or the oral thing is stemming from the claw thing.....chicken and the egg if you will.

Next time they get a check up, I have a list of things to go over with the vet regarding each of them. Loki has an unhealthy connection to food. I know what it stems from but haven't figured out how to help him combat it. Gracie feeds normally and I thought maybe that over time, she would help him. No such luck. The good news is that his food neurosis hasn't transferred to her.

My children are complicated.

I`ve come the the conclusion that all children are complicated, furry or otherwise, I can rarely stay one step ahead of any of mine !

My two dont cycle with their toys, its more one red hot favourite and after a few days its never looked at again. They too enjoy a Q tip, rolled up bit of paper makes them happy and Ms Cupcake loves a mouse with feathers on....for a limited time anyhow.

The double claws may well play a part, definitely see what the vet has to say it will be interesting to find out. Are your two indoor kitties Gemme ?

My big ginger boy is a gentleman with food and always steps back if Cupcake decides she wants what he has {even though they have exactly the same} despite him being twice the size of her I still make sure he gets his fair share as I think he would happily starve whilst gazing adoringly at her !

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post: