Old 09-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Bless you cause I understand....

I worked 7p to 7a the first 3 years after I became a nurse and I honestly NEVER got really used to it. Some people adjust and adjust well. I remember this one nurse had worked it for 20 years...wild. But, I tend to agree with your statements. I also gained weight during that time and for me it was because at night in the hospital most of the work was done by midnight and that left the rest of the night for charting and eating!!! Also, working nights it is easy to get on the fast food track cause who has time to plan good dinner menus especially since our dinners are 4:00am.

If you think about it our biological clock tells us that when night comes it is time to lay down and rest. It is of course hard, for the most part, to get our homeostasis in sync. People that work graveyard have a tendency to have higher temperatures than those that don't and lots of things including reduced white cell count and harmone levels and this can add to a degree of depression.

The info that has been givin here on your thread are wonderful!!!! I don't think i can add much more.....I would recommend a complete physical including comprehensive blood work to make sure you are in great shape. It takes lots more energy and work to be on graveyard and takes a lot out on you....be good to yourself...don't foget to nurture yourself, eat right, exercise and laugh as much as possible. Cause, yourself is going through a hard transition and needs all the breaks it can get.

Good luck to you!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: