Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #47
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post

Hi, I'm looking for a little advice.

I have layered hair, blond (hell yes I get highlights!), thick but fine, naturally wavy, past my shoulders, and I blow dry it every other day or so. I'm thinking of getting a curling iron, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that doesn't break or damage their hair.

Thanks!

IslandScout
No matter what you use you will have some kind of damage. You need to be sure you are preparing the hair when you use any kind of tool that involves heat. Are you using a heat protect-ant when you blow dry? When you use it that is what you see steaming off of the hair, some people layer their products. I have short hair and use 2 to 3 products on my hair. What are you looking to achieve by using a curling iron?

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote