Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

My thoughts are about misogyny and the way almost all cultures for the last 2000 years place far more value on masculine/male/man. This devaluing of feminine/female/woman has lead us to this video that drives home the idea that women are vessels for the next generation of men. And you can objectify and beat us and do what ever you want because we are not as good as men........we are 'other' and 'less than'.

This focus on a false definition of what it means to be masculine or male or man has created such violence and objectification against women and against men.

This has become so institutionalized that some folks find a headless torso wiggling around to be funny. Some folks don't even get how that kind of thing sets the stage for more violence and more objectification and makes it difficult to raise boys and men differently.

And then there is advertising.........how products are marketed and the difference in the way products are marketed depending on the target audience.

Girls and women are becoming more violent in this culture.....and not just in the US. That is happening because violence has become the norm and girls think it's ok to be violent. And I'm not just talking about physical abuse kind of violence. Violence does not have to be physical.

That's some of what is running around in my head. I need to go back and watch the video again.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote