Old 03-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #132
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Retrograde Mercury

Mercury went Rx (Retrograde) the 6th of March - last degree of Pisces, and goes D (Direct) today - 16 degrees of Pisces.

The next time that Mercury is Rx is on the 6th of July - 4th degree of Leo, and goes D 2nd August - 24 degrees of Cancer.

This Rx movement is viewed as a planet that seems to move backwards, and that is why it is called Rx. Actually, no planet moves backwards, it's just an illusion due to the fact that the planets move in elliptical orbits and earth is not at the centre of their orbit. The "arrow of time" is always forwards.

The thing is if your Mercury is Rx in your natal chart, it is said that it is usually a better time for you when Mercury is going through its Rx phase - easier to express its energy. Of course, it also depends upon what house the initial natal position of Mercury is in, its sign and house, and what house and sign the transiting Rx Mercury falls in. In the end, it also depends on the aspects you have to your natal Mercury, and how you are able to communicate in general, and how aware and awake you are throughout your life.

I started a thread on this site on "Meditation" on the 19th of March with Mercury in its Rx phase, and I do not have a Rx Mercury, and Mercury's Rx motion has had no effect on me. Traditional astrology would predict that it would not have been a good time for me to begin a thread then because of the passing transit of a Rx Mercury. In fact, I have had a most delightful month. So, I think that one must take "predictions" as such with a grain of salt, depending on how much you "believe" in astrological predictions and astrology in general, and as such make them happen! I did notice that it had an a slight effect on some people - slight inconveniences. (shrugs)

In general, astrology says that transits will trigger unresolved issues with regards to what has already happened in your past and and has constituted your conditioning and how you tend to react, and can be seen as challenges or opportunities to be resolved - transits alone per se do not cause damage in themselves; while the directions & progressions of planets will be new events, which of themselves will add to your conditioning.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: