Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for sharing, Cheryl! I hope that I manage to be impressively self-possessed tomorrow!

It's interesting that you mention how well N set boundaries with her bio-family - I would say that I am historically just ok at setting boundaries to protect myself, not the worst and not the best, but I suddenly became an excellent boundary setter the moment i made contact with my bio-family! I haven't offered a single centimeter more of myself than I was sure I could handle sharing, and that's not typically my best trick. And, it isnt even that I have any specific reason to believe my vulnerability wouldn't be safe with my birth-mom, so far she seems like a thoughtful, self-aware person with appropriate self control. There is simply some intuitive part of me that knows she and I are not meant to process each other's emotions in any direct way.

I'm sort of terrified that I have absolutely no sense of how it will feel or how I will react to being near the body that birthed mine. I like to know what I'm getting into but I have no frame of reference for this. I've gotten really good at coping with feeling like an alien most of the time, so the possibility that I won't feel like that anymore is just as scary as the possibility that I still will.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post: