Thread: Single ENOUGH
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHilary View Post
When is it time when to stop mourning?

When is it time after the end of one relationship to flirt?

When it it time to announce your new status?

There is NO RIGHT ANSWER.

We each have our own comfort zone, ethics, morality, desires, and way of moving through an experience. We don't yuck each other's YUM when we talk about how we like to have sex, but be judge each other when it comes to what we believe is right and correct in our response to our OWN experience.

HEY is all I have to say about that- HEY!

My status reads "on the prowl", why does it not say single, or nothing at all?

Because, I will never be actually single, I am legally married to the woman who was my property for 10+ years who I am no longer in a relationship with, I have two leather boi's and a grrl, I will only ever be Single ENOUGH.

I am a heart monogamous Femme Top without a beta, that makes me on the prowl.
LadyHilary, thank you for creating this thread. Brilliant!

As of yesterday I am 7 months out of a 6 year relationship.

I feel that I should be able to tell whomever that kind of stat, if I choose too, (often they ask), without being told how that time-frame should affect my reality, my needs or my choices.

What I have found happens is that I get responses like:

"Well, it's too soon for you to be looking." or "You're not ready/you can’t be ready to get into another relationship." or “Don’t go so/too fast.”

What I don't understand is how would anyone else think they know what I am ready for? I am the only one who knows my mind, psyche, heart, aura, body. I am the only one who lives in my skin and knows what I am ready for. I know what is best for me. My honesty keeps everything real. I don’t presume to know when anyone else is ready to do anything.

So....
Right now I am single. If I say I am single then THAT is enough. If I want to chat with people or meet people real-time, have sex with someone, or entertain the masses with my bigglie jigglies…it’s all my prerogative.

I'm more than perplexed by hearing/reading others inform ME regarding the schedule of MY last relationship. How does anyone frame time into some pre-conceived standard on what is acceptable, and what is not, in approaching the up-and-coming? I understand we are all running on our own experiences here. I get that. But, in my world there is no prescribed notion or doctrined algorithm for the amount of time in which I should or should not have my next tryst, love affair or relationship, respectively, with another.

I am honest with myself and others about where I’ve been. If you don’t like the information I have given then it's your choice to move along darlin’...nothin’ to see here.

Is it me, or does there seem to be some unspoken notion of “respectability” (maybe even a false respectability) that exists within this culture where time between relationships is concerned? Maybe also where various other things are concerned?

Any thoughts?
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post: