LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Did you see the date ideas thread someone started a couple of weeks ago? Lots of good ideas there.

To combine your date question and your LDR question which to me also includes an implication of having met online.... To a degree I think that LDRs can work but to ME, they can't work or even truly exist without regular in-person contact - and there is no real relationship without that contact. To ME, there is just too much that you can't possibly know about someone until you spend a lot of time together.

So for me, the first time or two (or even more) that I meet someone from online, it's not really a date, or at least not the same kind of date. We are instead just getting to know each other and check each other out, no matter how many times we've emailed or talked in the phone. I honestly for myself like to keep these first meetings very casual, not dressy or romantic, because there's just nothing that can be as awkward as doing a big romantic date then realizing that there really isnt the chemisty to sustain or justify that kind of date. Then if we discover that the chemistry is there, we can plan something much more romantic, pull out the femme finery, etc.
I so agree about the meetings in a LDR that the first couple really are not the big romantic kind. No matter how much I want to pull out the big guns and reserve the nice restaurant and be all mushy and have the nice romantic walk I would like to know there is chemistry first. No matter how much time is spent on the phone, email, text, and Skype you can not know if the chemistry is there until you meet and get rid of those first meetings jeeters out of the way.